• MrWh1te
    I won the correct score comp for £20 so this time, on the back of the 'flipping £10 challenge' I am going to try and make as many divs in media buzz as i can.

I will start with £20 now.
    Comp will end last day of July.

Capital appreciation will count as I sell players to buy new ones but only the divs will count for the challenge.
    EG, I buy £20 of Kane and he makes 40p div. I sell for £22. I then have £22+40p div to invest in next player but only 40p div counts as profit. I will count the div as a % off the starting £20 only, because otherwise it will be a bugger to calc and turn the challenge into a chore.
    I am NOT allowed to buy any players I am currently on (this is made harder because I have bought for the summer and already own pulisic/kane/sterling etc.

First purchase:
    4x Eden Hazard
    Total cost: £19.28
    Change: £0.72

Just holding for a couple of days then will re-evaluate, a bit expensive, I will be looking for cheaper players to increase the % of divs earned but had little time and wanted to get started today because of the triple media days.

Good luck all
  • Ollie
    Ok, 4 x Salah
    Total cost £19.92
    Cash £0.08
  • LeBlanc
    Not allowed to have someone we already own or has already been chosen by someone else right?
  • Ollie
    Think you can have who you want, but not who you already own?
  • MrWh1te
    Yeah correct, you can chose players others have picked, but try to avoid players you personally own.

The reason I added this in was to force me to think more creatively (I know Hazard isn't a creative pick but was short of time). I want these challenges to make me a better trader, and if I just pick someone I own, it isn't changing/teaching me anything.

Does that make sense?
  • MrWh1te
    The part about capital appreciation not counting but divs as a % is for same reason. As cap app goes up and selling at right time, and divs go into new players, you can afford more players so then get more divs.
    I am low on players paying divs (think on a £2000 portfolio roughly, £560 up but only £26 in divs over same period) so looking at extending my knowledge and skill set into divs.
  • Ollie
    I like the logic of the challenge.
  • MrWh1te
    Divs:
    14.5.19 4p
  • Ollie
    Selling Salah @ £4.95
    Total £19.80 +£0.08 cash b/f = £19.88

Buy 14 x Rabiot @ £1.42.
    Total cost £19.88
    Cash = £0
  • Danw
    5 x coutinho @ £2.09 = £10.45
    4 x zaha @ £2.17 = £8.68
    Total £19.13
    Cash = £0.87
  • MrWh1te
    Well FI truly screwed me on this challenge lol.
    Gonna be tougher now but still gonna hold Hazard I think
  • Danw
    Still could be drawn out enough to recover that drop.
  • MrWh1te
    Yeah I agree.
    Even if it doesn't recover, I am confident enough that I can pick up enough cap app elsewhere when I move him on, to make up for the loss here.
    Only 18.44 sell price, so not a disaster
  • MrWh1te
    another 4p last night and recovered to only 8p per share down
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to FI Info

Have you got advice to share for new traders, (Help Sections) or something to say?Sign up now and add a contribution.